Photobucket

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Beautifully written, but pissing me off . . .

This was sent to me by a fellow homeschooler. It prompted me to respond with the following:

oh my God! If you could see me now . . .
tears running all the way down my chest. (really, they are) My grandmother always said she never saw anyone whose tears traveled like mine do. This was the saddest thing I have ever read at almost 3 in the morning. The whole time, I was saying to the lady, "just quit what you're doing and be with your kids." Seriously, that was what I was saying. She was pissing me off. I know a few people who really need to read this. Just yesterday, I created a new "schedule" in hopes of doing more with the kids. Yes, cleaning is on there, but not much. I actually made a two week schedule to get the house in order. I was supposed to start today, but I just didn't get to it. :) The kids wanted to finger paint! And we had to do it outside! And they had to change their clothes a kagillion times (because Parker is many, many different superheros . . .) And then Dora came on. And we had to go get something to eat and take it to eat with daddy at work. And later, "So You Think You Can Dance" was on and while I watched, Lydia danced along and went back and forth between rooms, playing. Parker did the same. But many of my days are like this. Messy house, dishes piled up, toys strewn all OVER the house! But I really don't care. The main reason I care, is when the in-laws are coming over. Because they make comments to each other and then I hear about it later. But I will NEVER miss visiting my kids because I chose to clean my house, like my mother-in-law has. Or spend time tidying up the kitchen, which is already basically spotless, while my guests are in the other room chatting and wondering what I am doing (like said mil). Why do you think I have chosen to homeschool? Because, unlike some women, who say they can't wait for school to start so they will have time for themselves, I want to be around my kids as much as possible. I just hope they will continue to feel the same way about me.
~Pascha

I hope you use this to realize what is most important in your life. Realize it now before it is too late.

1 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE THIS POST - completely amazing insight. WOW. And yes, that story had the same effect on me (minus the crying)...just annoying and sad how people don't GET IT sometimes that our kids ARE it. We get ONE chance. Glad you get it!!! Hugs, anon hs mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home