Photobucket

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Why?

Why does everything work backward on me? Codeine makes me hyper, alcohol makes me sleepy (I know, it's a depressant, but everyone else acts all crazy when they drink, I just want to go to sleep). And speaking of sleep, why is it when I am depressed, I CAN'T sleep?!! I just lie in bed, thoughts racing, wanting so much just to rest, but I can't. So, that is why I am here, in front of the computer, at 2:00 a.m.
My business is failing, and failing badly. And it is dragging my family down into the deep deep hole that it has dug. I can't let it happen. My family and our happiness deserves to be number one. Not some idiot, half-cocked, stupid, stupid idea that I thought was going to work!! Nothing ever works right with me. Not like it's supposed to anyway. It's always backward. I once had a watch that went backward when I wore it. It worked fine when I took it off. That was the year I was convinced I was a witch. I was in 3rd grade. I talked to a cat that wasn't really there. My dad bought me a little kid broom. It was red and had real straw for the bristles. I kept it in the corner behind my door.
I CAN see some things happen before they really do. I dreamt about my son before he was even conceived. I knew exactly what he would look like at the age he is now. I knew my sister was going to be a girl, when my parents were convinced she was a boy; so much so, that she was nameless for at least a day because they didn't have a girl's name picked out. What her "boy" middle name was supposed to be is what I named my son. Maybe that is why they have such a bond . . .?
I knew the exact moment my parents and siblings were nearly knocked off the side of a mountain many years ago. It was a scary feeling: knowing something terrible is wrong, but you just don't know what. Until a few hours later, when the police call to tell you they've been in an accident, but are okay. I asked the time of when it happened. He confirmed my "feeling" to the minute.
So. If I can know these kinds of things. Why can't I know when I should not pursue something? Why can't I know whether it will be good or bad? I just want to be happy. I can't be happy if I am constantly getting shit on. And I can't be happy if I don't know what it is I am supposed to do. My husband is very unhappy. So much so, that he won't talk to me sometimes. It breaks my heart that I have done this to him. It's all my fault. And I am so sorry. I just don't know for sure how to fix it.

1 Comments:

At 1:41 PM, Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Sometimes I think the same thing... why do these things happen to us?

I know it's supposed to happen for a reason, but what reason? Supposedly to make us better people. To give us the strength or experience for something that we will face further down the road.

At least you recognize what it has been doing to you and your husband. And you are committed to doing something to fix it instead of selfishly continuing to pursue a dream.

That's the key to making a marriage a life together work. Recognizing when something you are doing is making them deeply unhappy, even though it may be something you enjoy or thought you could make a success out of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home