Photobucket

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You are NEVER going to believe this!!!

At the risk of letting someone else do the talking, I am going to post what my husband already posted on a forum board he visits. He was pretty detailed and he wrote it fresh--as soon as we got home. I will quote him and add my thoughts outside of the quotes. This is just crazy.

"My wife, kids and I were just on our way to OKC from here in Stilly. My wife likes taking hwy 33 to I-35, going the Langston-Coyle way. Before we reach Langston, my wife starts shouting that there was a woman on the side of the road waving her arms and that she is going to turn around. My wife is all about helping.

She turns around and this woman starts running toward our car screaming. Absolute hysterics. We get her to come to the passenger side and not the driver side, so she won't get hit, and she just keeps screaming, "DON'T LEAVE ME!! YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!" We ask her name, tell her to calm down because she is safe now, and what happened. She says she was taken from Wal-Mart in Waxahachie(sp) by a man with a gun. At that point I ask my wife for the cell phone. While I'm dialing 911 she starts screaming, "HE IS GONNA GET ME!! HE IS GONNA COME BACK FOR ME!!" My wife and I stay calm but are freaking out.

After telling the cops our location, I hesitate but get out of the car so she can get out of the rain. I was nervous about this because I could just picture her pointing a gun at my wife and telling her to drive or someone jumping from the side of the road and doing something to me. Neither happens and she just slumps down balling her eyes out. I go to the back of the car to get an umbrella and she starts screaming, "DON'T LEAVE ME, PLEASE!" I get the umbrella and we ask her some more questions.

We find out that the vehicle she was in was her own. It was an SUV and that he turned off a dirt road somewhere and stopped and then she got out and ran. We try to keep her calm and are wondering if this is real or if she is crazy.

The cops (Langston) arrive and try asking some questions, but she can't remember her phone number or what type of SUV other than it's a white Ford. Each time one of them would step away, again, she would scream 'don't leave me' over and over. They call for a Payne County Sheriff because we are still in Payne County. At this time, she pleads for us to take her home and call her husband. While on their way, we find out her age, her husband's name and that they own their own electrical business.

Payne County show up and ask for her phone number but she doesn't remember it. She also doesn't remember her tag number to her car. I ask if her car is a work car, thinking a lot of electrical businesses have their name and number on there, she says it wasn't. She also was not carrying anything. I asked her if he said his name or made any phone calls and she said he threw her phone out the window.

Soon, the ambulance arrives and she will not let go of me. They have to pull my arm away and she immediately grabbed one of the paramedics. They were gonna take her for an evaluation. My wife and I have to go to the Sheriff's office tomorrow and make a statement.

I hate to say this but I hope she was taken because I don't want her to be crazy. She was so distraught, was wearing a shirt referencing the state of Texas, and had a nice french manicure. My wife does nails, and I was like, crazy people don't have nails like that, do they!?!? Most of all I just hope they find out where she belongs. I can't get her screaming "Don't leave me and he is gonna get me" out of my head."

After posting this, my husband googles the name of the town and the name of the business she gave, which included her last name:
"even more freaky, there really is business in Waxahachie with their name

Estes Electric

and she said her husbands name was Gary" If you will notice the 4th entry from the map, he is mentioned.

"I just called the business number it gave me an emergency number. I called it and he, Gary, answered and he is on his way here to Stillwater and it was his wife. Wow, I am so glad my wife saw her. She (the lady) told us that no one was stopping for her."
I actually saw several cars drive by without even slowing down. This is a woman, at night, on foot! Is there no concern? She's also lucky no one hit her. She was on a two-lane, very dark highway.
Also, about the same time we found her, Gary was reporting her missing. And about the same time we were all headed into Stillwater, he was being called by his local police about her whereabouts.

"I just got off the phone with a sergeant from Waxahachie. They found her car not far from where we found her, but didn't tell me if they had found the man who took her."

On our way back home (we had to go back home, because this morning we have to make a statement at the sheriff's office), I said to hubby 'okay, I'm going to be my weird self' and he picked up where I was going and said,
"we had to leave late."
We were running sooo late. And we had been arguing about it, even. And I was driving. I never drive at night. And we went the back way (hubby doesn't go that way). I guess just everything was put into motion for us to find that lady. For all we know, that guy had chased after her and lost where the car was and was, himself, also roaming around that area (weilding a gun) and looking for her.
Thank you, GOD, that he didn't stumble upon us while we were waiting with her (before the police got there)!!!
Okay, gotta get ready for the police statement. God bless everybody and take care of yourselves.

6 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD.

Thank goodness you guys went that way. You of course know I totally agree with you. There is a reason you had to go that way that late at night.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's crazy. I'm glad you guys were there to help her out.

 
At 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, being the creative type that you are, check out my wedding album:
http://preview.picaboo.com/Webview/CoverPage.aspx?user=0000000000002B832E&album=0000000000002B83C5

I need feed back!

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap! I can't believe that happened. You know, I always tell Huston that we need to help people but he refuses. I help people when I can and it's daylight. But if I would have been alone at night, I probably wouldn't have stopped. Pascha, you are the sunshine in so many people's lives. You are going to get the biggest reward in life for saving that laday. Watch.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are the greatest! I usually don't stop to help b/c I never know if they are really needing the help. I will stop next time. Thanks!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

That is so wild!

It's sad that in this day and age we can't feel safe in stopping to help someone in need. I'm glad you felt compelled to stop and help this woman.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home